If you own a San Diego home, it’s on your mind as the year winds down: how do I prepare my home for winter weather?
At Gen Pro Painting, the first thing we tell every homeowner in San Diego is this: have gutters installed on your home, and make sure they’re clean & working properly!
This will keep water away from stucco & wood surfaces. Water is a source of wear & tear, so gutters are important.
Beyond this, prepping your home’s exterior for winter is fairly straightforward. For example, if you hire Gen Pro Painting for exterior winterizing, we’ll take care of the following:
- We seal any gaps in wood & windows with high quality caulking.
- We fill and paint any cracking or separation in wood.
- We check for cracking, peeling, or damaged paint.
This keeps water from seeping in, and prevents damage to your home.
Ready to winterize?
Call Gen Pro Painting today at (619) 402-9115, or contact us directly through our Contact Form!
- Exterior paint has chips, cracks, bubbles, or peeling
- Any caulking in joints & seams is dry or cracking
- Cracking & splitting in stucco or wood must be handled ASAP!
Gen Pro Painting
Delayed maintenance is the biggest source of unexpected home repair bills. We’re here to help!